The most precious gift you can give is your valuable time. Share your skills by working with our needy children. Open to all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult), singles, couples, families and groups are most welcome. Volunteers must understand the Child Protection Policy agreement (copy will be provided). We are always in need of fluent English speaking volunteers to work with our Khmer teachers in the classroom. No formal qualifications are required. Bring your enthusiasm, commitment, a big smile and a flexible attitude. Placements can range from one week to six weeks. Other placement opportunities will depend on your qualifications. Please contact us by email for further information, along with your details, if you would like to join Mother Home Cambodia School for a life changing experience.
VOLUNTEER KHMER HOME STAY AT TATAOK KANDAL VILLAGE
Volunteers are welcome to stay at Tataok Kandal Village with a traditional Khmer family. Experience real village life with ample opportunities to mix with the local children who drop in regularly. Mother Home Cambodia School is a short walk away.
Accommodation is a newly built, high set, Khmer timber house. There is limited electricity, a sim card needs to be purchased to connect to the internet. Cost for this is very minimal. Bottled water is available to buy at a nearby shop. There is no TV. Bring your own reading material, music, movies. There is a small local market 4kms away and the large market at Dam Daek is 12 kms away. Bicycles are usually available to explore the countryside with the children.
Sleeping area is upstairs in the house. There is one private bedroom and one communal area with mattresses, mosquito nets, pillows, electric fans.
Bathroom & Toilet is Asian style, separate to the house. No running water, no hot water. Bring your own toiletries and towel.
Meals are prepared by the family on wood burning cookers. Pork, Chicken, Fish dishes are popular, together with rice, noodles and vegetables. Tropical fruit is readily available.
“The family is most welcoming and enjoys hosting volunteers”
Volunteer Policy: All volunteers staying at the local Khmer Home Stay must follow the Child Protection policy (copy provided). There must be no violence towards the children. Taking photos is permitted however it is polite to ask first. No photos to be taken of children without clothes.
No walking at night unless accompanied by a local resident. No bike riding unless accompanied by a local resident. Bring your own tea & coffee. Please bring all items of a personal nature.
Dress code: Cambodians are traditionally very modest. Please respect their culture. No sexy, revealing tops or shorts. No bare middles, no short skirts.
- Monday – Friday (5 days/4 nights) US$100 per person
- Include Saturday & Sunday – additional US$20 per day
- Any 3 days/2 nights Monday – Friday US$75 per person
- Day School Visit – US$60 per person, including lunch, village tour, transport
Please bring a copy of your passport as all volunteers must be registered with the local authorities.
Where does your money go?
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner per day, Khmer style
- Teacher’s salary
- School Materials
- Return transfer to/from Siem Reap
- Administration expenses
- Bottled Water
- Use of Bicycles.
Mother Home Cambodia School Tourism Program
- Visit Mother Home Cambodia School and we will arrange village visits to meet the families. If you sponsor a family, you can visit them and get to know your special family.
- Mother Home Cambodia School can arrange tours to unspoiled villages with beautiful countryside landscapes. See the real Cambodia rarely visited by tourists.
- Mother Home Cambodia School can arrange tours to Temples, Pagodas, nearby natural attractions or further afield to other towns and provinces.
- Enjoy a game of football at a local sports club or teach the children your favourite sport. All this can be arranged for you.
“The world is more beautiful because you care. Caring makes all the difference”